an ancient tradition
Our story began back in 1775 when Giuseppe Garbellotto started his own small craft business, dedicated to woodworking and building barrels and casks, in San Fior, a small town just outside Conegliano in the Italian province of Treviso. His business quickly grew, so much so that, in 1800, he already had 15 employees and had become a supplier of the Habsburg Imperial Wineries.
Production stopped during the First World War and was then moved to Conegliano and reorganised on an industrial scale by Cav. Giobatta (the current owners’ grandfather).
After the Second World War, Comm. Pietro Garbellotto lay the foundations for the future and, alongside the production of barrels and casks, began importing high quality wood from Slavonia, creating a timber yard covering 54,000 m2.
Today, the company is run by the Garbellotto brothers and handles 10,000 m3of wood per year for the facilities in Sacile (PN – Italy), with a timber yard covering 7 hectares, plus the 30,000 m2at the sawmill in Kutina in Slavonia, acquired in 2018.